Sunday, December 12, 2010

Inspired at the holidays




I've been inspired by all of the new blogs that I found recently. Far from being diaries or forums to explore personal issues, these blogs have been such a source of inspiration and creativity. I am inspired to add more of my creations to my own blog!

How do we mark the holidays - especially now that we are making traditions
for our children? I was excited this year to make an advent wreath. The purple and pink candles burn with nostalgia of my youth. Created as a "reservoir" wreath (that can be watered), it took on a life of its own. It ended up a little more "wild" than intended as though the wreath won our small tug of war in which I was bent on "sculpting" the piece.

Alas, even with my oldest child only being 2.5 years-old, our advent wreath was a welcome addition to our crafting of a family holiday tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Peace Montessori

Things I'm Reading/Making/Crafting/Doing

Support This Site